Saturday, January 14, 2012

Undine love.

It's great to be back at the diva challenges. Laura took a well deserved vacation from her wonderful weekly zentangle challenges but is now back. Yay! Thanks to Laura for her wonderful blog and amazing talent. She gets me thinking outside of the box every week and gets my pen to paper. I'm not sure that I would actually create tiles every week if I didn't have the challenges to do. I'm pretty sure that I would get lazy and not produce zentangles as much as I do. I am grateful. While Laura took her break I mainly worked on the schneeglobin and stars. I did some tangling on tiles, but I mostly worked on ZIA (zentangle-inspired art).

The challenge this week was to create a tile using her new tangle, Undine. It was fun to give it a spin and use it in a few different ways. I did have fun and it was great to get back in the zentangle saddle. This shows my "Undine" love for Zentangle:
Undine (diva's), Yknot (my own creation), and the leaves.....I'm not sure where I found those.

I feel that I need to loosen up a bit, this tile feels a bit too precise for how I felt, but I guess it's because I'm out of practice. I'll have to work on it this week.

I will be posting my directions to Yknot soon. Please stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Looking forward to Yknot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Undine is fun and versatile. Did you know there's a tangle called Y-Not from Molly Hollibaugh?!
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete