Saturday, April 2, 2011

Curvature...Love your curves, baby! Challenge #15

Ahhh, Laura certainly does keep us on our toes. This weeks challenge from Diva Laura Harms gets us out of line and into the curves. This was lots of fun for me. I wanted to try to go for those tangle patterns that normally were straight and make then nice and curvy, but I kind of started thinking curvy from the start with some. I did enjoy the time with the waves (I must have been thinking of being out on the water while seeing the snow flying here in Vermont). So here's my first one:

And because I just wasn't satisfied enough, I made a second attempt. This one was a little easier to do and was a lot more fun.

I think that it looks like more fun as well. I'm still trying to find the right combination for getting a picture of the zentangle posted on the blog. Which camera do I use? Should I use a scanner? Do I fix the picture up a little bit in Photoshop Elements first? Sometimes I like my camera in my phone and just put in Dropbox. Other times (maybe because of the different light?) I rather use my little Nikon Coolpix. I still haven't found the right combination that works 100% of the time. Perhaps there isn't just one combination. I'll keep fiddling around with it. Speak up if you have any words of wisdom for me. In the meantime, I did use my sister's handheld scanner she just got to scan this April calendar. I wanted to try to see if I could get a good enough scan to be able to use this as my desktop background on my computer. Well, it works, and you may use this on your computer if it doesn't make you crazy. It's a little busy, but I like it.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice tangles, esp that 2nd one. Yes, getting a good photo can be a challenge. I tried the scanning for a few but it picked up too much paper texture so now I'm back to a normal digital camera in bright even flourescent light. I think your photos look quite nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second one with the cute tangle flowers!

    ReplyDelete