Friday, March 18, 2011

T'other hand

Laura at http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com/ always seems to know what I need next. Hmmmm. I was wondering when I was going to get around to drawing a tangle with my non-dominate hand. I've thought about it for a while now, but never got around to it. Laura gave me that little nudge that I needed. It certainly was interesting to create a tile with t'other hand. A lot was going through my mind. I was nicely surprised that I could actually do it. I did have to remind myself not only to breathe, but also to use my fingers and to BLINK! Yikes, you know when you look at those Magic Eye books and your eyes go bonkers after a while? Well, my eyes were doing the same thing. They wanted to go cross-eyed and I had to blink a few times to get out of that. Too much concentration? I wonder when my next eye checkup is due? I hope it's soon.

I also was thinking about the kindergarten class I work with. Some of the kids seem pretty stiff fingered and I try to get them to relax their fingers so they can help form the letters. We draw lots of little circles with just the fingers to get those muscles moving. Figure eights would help too, large and small. Drawing with my left hand brought a lot of insight. Very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is just excellent! And I love the keyboard pattern. I hadn't seen that one before. It really flows around the spiral.

    ReplyDelete